Thursday, March 4, 2010

experience that changed my life

It was just four years ago in March 2006. I got a call at 2
am from my ex boyfriend’s cousin saying that my ex boyfriend
Brian had gotten shot twice and he is being rushed to the
hospital. I dropped the phone and started to cry. This was the
first time I had ever gotten a phone call about something tragic
happening to someone close to me. Even though we were not
together as a couple we were still good friends. We had a tight
circle of friends since grammar school so our breakup didn’t
affect our friendship.
After I heard the bad news, I and our best friend rushed
to the hospital along with his family and other friends and prayer for him to be okay. The Good news is that he was going to be okay. He lost a lot of blood but made it in time to the hospital. Brian was a good kid never was into drama or violence he just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. This changed my whole outlook on life. You can’t take anything for granted not even your life because it can be taken away at any moment and you have no control of it. When he was able to see us he couldn’t stop telling us how much he loved us all. This made me realizes we should always tell people how much we care and express our true feelings because you never know when you will be able to again. Live lives to its fullest don’t wait for a life changing experience to make you realize what you have.

No comments:

Post a Comment