Tuesday, March 2, 2010

spirituality/nature

A spiritual memory I had in my life is when I went on a youth pilgrimage to Lourdes, France. When we were in the domain and got to touch the grotto while saying a prayer before seeing the water that ran for the fountain of youth I felt very spiritually connected. While saying a prayer for Mother I felt as if Mary was really listening. At this time my mother was just recently diagnosed with M.S. A lot of people who are ill visit the fountain of youth because there has been many cases of people were sick being healed by the holy water. Not only was praying a spiritual memory for me but the whole journey was.
A time I felt connected to nature was on a field trip to a place called nature’s classroom. We were basically outdoors 24/7. I never really saw myself to be an outdoors kind of girl, it just wasn’t my style. But on this trip we saw the real beauty to nature and how wonderful it is. Growing up in a city you don’t really get to really appreciate nature. With all the tall buildings and pollution clouding the air you don’t really know what a fresh breathe a air might feel like. In the wilderness a fresh breathe of air is refreshing and relieving.
Sometimes, you can try to express yourself but sometimes it’s hard to find the right words to fit to get your point across. Or trying to describe a feeling or the feeling might be indescribable.

No comments:

Post a Comment