Thursday, March 4, 2010

Rant

just another black person is all you see.
just another black person why can't I just be me.

is it because the color of my skin that you can't see within
or the dark, thick texture of my hair that is so lovely, that you have made society see as ugly
is it because my features stand out
my eyes big and brown and not blue like you
or maybe because I dont speak the same way as you do

why can't you see me as a person I am and treat me with respect
I am no lower than you, I can act just as you
but I choose not to because I am not you just me
not just another black person just me
a beautiful person that has so much to offer and is just as equal of a human being as you
but you are to blind to see, so ..

just another black person is all you see.
just another black person why can't I just be me.

No comments:

Post a Comment